Sunday, January 6, 2008

No more initial hats for me....at least for now.

I bet doing fair isle is different from trying to do initials, but I totally stressed myself out over making this hat for one of hubby's employees. It was for her son and she wanted initials on it. This is the finished product:



All the weaving and making sure floats weren't too long and all that jazz. GEEZ! Not fun!
Now I am working on an initial scarf for the employee, herself. This seems much easir since I am using the pink long KK as a board BUT it would have been beneficial if I had figured out that using cream yarn on a light pink background wouldn't show up. Easy fix, I didn't even frog what I had done. Just took it off the loom and started all over again using the leftover red from her son's hat instead of cream in the pattern. I hope that she likes it. I really am putting a lot of effort into them.

Well, I got to meet Penny and her family, in person, last night. We had hamburgers and hotdogs at her place (good food, mmmmmmm). And they are such a nice and friendly family. I really enjoyed my visit (most of all Chris enjoyed himself and he is always uncomfortable in unfamiliar situations!). It would have been perfect had Little Miss Tru not run around the ENTIRE time getting into this and that. I am not saying that Thade was an angel, himself, but at least he wasn't into EVERYTHING. I am seriously thinking the pack'n'play would be a must the next time I visit with them. LOL! Penny and I will be taking a trip to the Women's Hospital this week to get specifics on what they need for us to make the preemies and newborns. :D

OMG, I just had a heart attack! I look at the kids and see that Little Miss Tru had the pink long KK with 'scarf in progress' attached and she was attempting to wrap the whole 12 inches of it around her neck. Talk about Mom-O jumping up and racing across the house fast and Stephanie trying her hardest to put it back before I reached her. Silly how she always thinks that if she puts something back before I get to her then it is like she never touched it. LOL! 'Scarf in progress' is undamaged and Little Miss Tru now has HER scarf and wrapping that around her neck. WHEW!
Ok, well I am off to try to get as much done as I possibly can on that scarf. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Bethany @ Gettin' It Pegged! said...

Robin, your project turned out great! I like the 3 lines around the initials...great touch!
Bethany

cre8tivkj said...

Robin,
The hats turned out great! Yes, colorwork is a pain in the backside! I love the results, but such a headache.

My little ones do just as yours do, if they get something put down or put away quick even though they know we saw them, they think all is well. LOL! Gotta love those little darlings!

~Karen (a.k.a. cre8tivkj)

Lisascraftroom said...

Looks great!! I have YET to try writting into hats or scarfs. I really need to get my nerve up and at least TRY it! You did great!