Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Maybe toilet seat covers aren't such a great idea....



The more I think about it....the more I think that the toilet seat cover isn't such a wonderful idea. It would get awfully filthy and you would have to wash it constantly. A comment left on my last post suggested a wooden seat b/c those don't get cold! Good idea and a lot easier to keep sanitary. LOL!

As for my Plushy House Socks (umm, SOCK)....well, the first one is finished! I don't know if it was the yarn I used or what but when I got the toe all seamed up the sock seemed boxy looking. I put it on and it fit perfectly on my foot, but not around my ankle. Every slipper I have made on the blue KK doesn't fit around my ankle so I am assuming that my ankles are just too small for the loom. :D Easy fix will be to take some elastic thread and weave it in and out of the cuff of the sock. No big deal! So, you wanna see the sock? HERE IT IS!!!!!

And I wore this lone sock on my foot for about 2 hours before we went to bed last night. Chris thought it was funny. But I think he sorta understood. After all, he wears the slippers I made him for Christmas every day. He gets home from work and takes off his shoes and puts the slippers on. :D I would have never imagined that he would wear them so much. I am so proud. LOL!

Well, I am off to work up some patterns today....after I get the always dreaded dishes out of the way (and I guess it is close enough to lunch time to get the kids fed and Lady Tru off for her nap! That is always good b/c I can handle one kid bugging me while I am looming, but with her....UGH! :D)

Oh, I almost forgot to mention.........I SOLD MY FIRST PATTERN LAST NIGHT!!!!!!! Uh-huh, oh yeah, go me, it's my birthday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On your pattern: Yay Robin! Yay Robin! Hooray! It's your birthday :)

Bethany @ Gettin' It Pegged! said...

Woo-Hoo!!! Congrats on your pattern sale! Exhilarating, isn't it! :) I left my lone sock on all evening, too. LOL! I'm about
2/3rds done with the 2nd...can't wait to wear them both. I like the yarn you used on yours. :)

cre8tivkj said...

Your sock looks great! I will have to just have one sock cuz I used some handspun alpaca I had since it was the ONLY bulky yarn I had that didn't have a purpose picked out for it yet and I won't have enough for the other one. I do have more raw fleece from the same animal to make more yarn, it just won't be ANYTIME soon. SIGH. I can totally relate to kids pestering when you want to loom! Well, actually, my kids don't pester me, they just run off and get into all sorts of trouble and I am constantly jumping up to get them OUT of trouble. Have a great day!

KansasA said...

Sorry I haven't read all your blog yet so someone might have suggested this already but what about a knit 1 purl 1 or k2 p2 ribbing to tighten up the ankle?
Congrats on your first sale!