Saturday, January 19, 2008

Butterflies have gone.

And I thank all of you that reassured me NOT to be nervous. The wonderful comments that were sent my way made the process a LOT easier and by the end of the day I was giddy to call myself an official 'DESIGNER' as Kathy Norris told me to say that I was. :D YEAH, Kathy Norris was the very first person to e-mail me and congratulate me, give me a pat on the back, and tell me that she is still nervous putting patterns up for sale and for GOODNESS SAKES she just had a book come out for sale! I was like star-struck. LOL! Then the next two people were Karen and Bethany and I look up to these two like they are the wiser, more experienced big sisters and it just made my day that everyone was so supportive. I had about 10 messages in all, congratulating me and telling me that I had done a great job. :D As of 3pm yesterday afternoon I had 45 downloads of the Woven Ribbon Hat. Chris, my hubby, was just like, "WOW!" I am happy that you guys like it.
My plans for the future are hopefully to put up a new pattern every few weeks. And I want to keep just as many patterns for free as I have for sale. That is my plan, at least. And maybe someday, in my wildest dreams, you guys will see me writing up my own book of patterns and being well known in the looming community like Isela Phelps, Denise Layman, Anne Bipes, and Kathy Norris! That would be awesome to be able to add my name to the list! But I am not the only crafty 'designer' out there. There are others all over such as Bethany and Karen that should get their names on the list before me. Other designers are all over out there! :D

Oh, and you guys need to run over to Dawn's site and check out her cupcake hat! It was her first project ever and she finished the soaker last night so hopefully she will have HER pics of the soaker up soon.
And Penny made a post about all her charity hats that she has made. Ya'll give her some encouragement to move beyond hats and to flat panel knitting! :D

No comments: