Thursday, March 6, 2008

This was fun and I encourage everyone to copy and paste it into their own blogs and do it. :D Go check out Karen's as well.

What I've made on my knitting looms and what I have done knitting/fiber related:
Afghan - I would just call what I needle knit a throw, but Jenny and I are putting together an afghan class for looms.
I-cord - YEP
Garter stitch - Yes
Knitting with metal wire - no
Shawl - Not yet, my first throw was supposed to be a shawl and turned into a throw.
Stockinette stitch - All the time, baby
Socks: top-down - Only one paire so far
Socks: toe-up - Not yet
Knitting with camel yarn - I don't think so.
Mittens: Cuff-up - yep
Mittens: Tip-down - No
Hat - Uh, yeah....they tend to just happen. LOL!
Knitting with silk a fine strand with wool for socks - Not yet
Moebius band knitting - In the future
Participating in a KAL - Not a KAL, but I am participating in a LAL and a CAL
Sweater - Some day, but I want it to be really nice and...dare I say it? SEXY! So I need to learn about shaping.
Drop stitch patterns - I think I have
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn - Yeah! I love any kind of yarn, old or new.
Slip stitch patterns - Yes
Knitting with banana fiber yarn - No, but if it smells like bananas count me IN!
Twisted stitch patterns - Took me a month or so after getting my looms, but I discovered that I was in fact using the twisted knit stitch!
Knitting with bamboo yarn - Not yet, but I wanna try it out
Charity knitting -I try my hardest to do it. But have only made a few preemie hats so far. Well, more like a dozen hats.
Knitting with soy yarn - No
Cardigan - Not really a cardigan person
Toy/doll clothing - I made a doll hat and a blankie. Plans for doll dresses for CPKs are in the works though.
Baby items - hats and booties and one blanket so far....taking Graciela's Baby Items Class next week!
Knitting with your own handspun yarn - Hubby says NO!
Slippers - Hubby loves my slippers! Can't blame him, I love them too. :D
Designing knitted garments - Yes, some hats and a cloth diaper soaker.
Cable stitch patterns - Oh, just wait until tomorrow's post and you will see I have gone cables crazy in the past week!!!!
Lace patterns - On my to-do list
Publishing a knitting book - Someday!
Scarf - Enough of them, but not too many
Teaching a child to knit - I try with my son. He sorta gets it. My one year old just thinks you need a loom and pick with no yarn. :D
Knitting to make money - Just a little here and there...upon request.
Buttonholes - Nothing too fancy, but yes
Knitting with alpaca - Not yet, maybe soon.
Fair Isle knitting - No, but on my to-do list
Dying with plant colors - No
Knitting items for a wedding - no
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…) - So far, just towel toppers, but someday there will be wash cloths....and I need a tea pot so I can make a tea cozy!
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) - yes!
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn - No, maybe Karen will oblige me someday. :D
Holiday related knitting - I will be doing a lot of that this year b/c I plan on making all of my own ornaments this year...maybe our stockings too.
Teaching a male how to loom knit - Hubby won't listen....but I talk and show
Bobbles - I tried once, and will be doing them again soon.
Knitting for a living - I think that would take the fun out of what I do.
Knitting with cotton - Not that I know of.
Knitting smocking - no
Dying yarn - no
Knitting art - no
Fulling/felting - no, but sometime this year.
Knitting with wool - yes
Textured knitting - yes
Kitchener stitch - yes
Purses/bags - I just made my first one a couple days ago and am very proud!
Knitting with beads - No, but in the future.
Swatching - To tell you the truth (she looks down bashfully) I have never made a swatch to determine gauge of a project. I have only made a swatch to determine that I had set my Kiss Loom to the same gauge as a Knifty Knitter Loom. I am sooooooooo bad!
Long Tail CO - Both needle and loom knitting
Knitting and purling backwards - What? What is that?
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegated yarn - Variegated, yes. I want to do self patterning yarn, it sounds fun!
Stuffed toys - Yep!
Baby items - didn't we ask this one already?
Knitting with cashmere (mmm, cashmere!) - sounds delicious, but haven't done it yet.
Darning - no
Jewelry - no
Knitting with synthetic yarn - Basically all I can afford. :(
Writing a pattern - yes
Gloves mittens are warmer! - half fingered gloves and mittens
Intarsia - If that just simply implies colorwork, yes
Knitting with linen - no
Knitting for preemies - yes, they are dear to my heart.
Short rows - yes
Cuffs/fingerless mits/armwarmers -You know, I did the fingerless mitts, but have been meaning to do armwarmers. :D
Pillows - yes
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine - No, but I really need to do the Chevron Scarf from the Loom Knitter's Circle magazine.
Rug - no
Knitting on a loom - It is my weapon of choice, but I do own needles and crochet hooks. :)
Knitting a gift - Most of what I knit is given to someone else, so I guess they are gifts.
Knitting for a pet? - Nemi has two sweaters and I want to make one for the puppy, but will wait to see how big he gets. I also want to make some chew toys.
Shrug/bolero/poncho - no
Knitting with dog/cat hair accidentally or on purpose? - If you mean finding Nemi's tiny short black hairs or the cat's hair in my knitting even though they don't touch the yarn....yeeeeeaaaaaah.
Hair accessories - yes
Knitting in public - yes
Knitting with buffalo yarn - They make that? I will have to ask the Tupelo Buffalo Park about that! :D
Knitting with pygora - no
Dyeing with food dye/drink mixes - no
Dyeing with chemical dyes (acid, etc) - no


Tune in tomorrow (Friday, March 7th) for a very special post all about my adventures in cables this past week!

2 comments:

MARIA TOVAR said...

Great job!!! I love all your work Robin. You are so enthusiastic that it shows in your projects.

Abrazos muchos

cre8tivkj said...

LOL! Love your answers. I didn't know I was starting something when I posted this the other day. I am finding it all over the place.