Saturday, May 3, 2008

My birthday was absolutely the BEST!!!

I got tons of goodies! More than ever before which makes my 26th birthday the best one ever! :D Now, you guys have to top it next year....JUST JOKIN'!
So, here is a rundown of the gifts I received:
-Perfectly pink yarn (2 balls) and a handmade card
-12" Lace Knitting Board by DA Looms
-6 skeins of Lion Brand Wool, pattern for a cute birdhouse handbag, coloring books and crayon thingies (for the kids), needle threader, card and DOVE chocolate.
-Two little tiny preemie baby bootie looms (which I didn't get a pic of)
-Big bag of yarn (which half of it was already sorta claimed b/c my MIL wants me to make my niece an afghan. Don't have a pic of this either, but imagine the largest bag possible from Wal-Mart and fill it with yarn. Don't know if I will use the colors anytime soon, but yarn is an awesome gift, right? :D Most is Red Heart but some is Bernat Softee Chunky.)
-Wooden crochet hook set, dinner at Capt. D's, and a movie (Forbidden Kingdom)...OH! And my birthday cake! LOL!
-Drop spindle that a friend is sending me as soon as her spinning wheel arrives. The spindle is coming from England b/c her hubby was stationed over there just months before being sent to Iraq and that is where she is right now. :D

That is a good list, right? So here are the pics:
You must promise not to laugh at the cake (WHATEVER!) Hubby told me not to put it on the net...and poor man thought I was gonna listen. LOL!







And this is my felted baguette, finally dry, and ready to be shipped to my Mama for Mother's Day b/c I will be making a new one with the Lion Brand Wool. :D


THANK YOU to everyone for your wishes and gifts! They meant a whole lot to me (and show me just how appreciated all my help is. :D Not like I didn't feel appreciated in the first place b/c with every 'Thank you' that ya'll have given, my heart swells with love. :D)

2 comments:

Bethany @ Gettin' It Pegged! said...

Wow! Looks like you made a haul! :) Hey, I personally know the gal who wrote that felted birdhouse pattern...she was one of my teachers at my Michaels! What a small world. :)

cre8tivkj said...

Wow, you made out like a bandit! You did better than my kids do on their birthdays! Oh to be 26 again, I try to forget my birthday! LOL!